Weeknight dinner…..those two words bring fear and stress into the minds of dads as they’re juggling the end of the work day, picking up kids, possibly getting to and from sports practice and then having to provide a tasty yet healthy dinner for the family.
The following recipe is a slam dunk regarding convenience, taste and is also great for the whole family. It sure beats boxed mac and cheese and also freezer burned chicken nuggets! Try the following tonight – your kids and your taste buds will thank you!
Prep Time: 30 min. / Cook Time: 8 min.
Ingredients (for 6 Servings):
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 TBSP Chopped Parsley
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- Ground Pepper to Taste
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs. Medium Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
- 1 lb. Thick Spaghetti
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque
- Add grilled shrimp to a bed of cooked thick spaghetti